2. About cookies
2.1. A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
2.2. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
2.3. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
3. Cookies that we use
4. Cookies used by our service providers
4.3. We use Facebook Inc. to advertise our products and services and we have the Facebook pixel installed on this website. We use the data provided by Facebook to determine the efficacy of our advertisements. Facebook collects this data by tracking your behaviour on our website, and other websites across the web, using the Facebook pixel and cookies.
This data is collected based on the privacy permissions you have granted to Facebook. Our access to this data is anonymised, meaning we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. Facebook is however able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use this data for its own advertising purposes in accordance with its data policy, found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
You can opt out of Facebook collecting this data by altering your ads settings on this page https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences
5. Managing cookies
5.1. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer)
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
5.2. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
5.3. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
7. Our details
7.1. This website is owned and operated by Nicola Taylor
7.2. Our principal place of business is at 33 Roseberry Road, Great Ayton, North Yorkshire, TS9 6EH, UK (NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC)
7.3. You can contact us:
- by post, to 33 Roseberry Road, Great Ayton, North Yorkshire, TS9 6EH, UK;
- using our website contact form;
- by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org